Saturday, April 18, 2009

Strobist with the experts..

They call it STROBIST.. New term to me.. hehe. Nevertheless, it was interesting especially when you were with the experts. I wanted to ask many questions but I was to embarrass to prove my stupidity.. haha.

We started the night with a dinner at Thai Smile. We bumped into Aizal, Khimie & Nije at the restaurant.. Marhaba to Aizal!! Welcome home!!

Then we headed straight to The Museum of Islamic Art, the location of our photography session for the night. Everybody took out their equipments and ready for action. For the session, we had 5 cameras, 3 speedlights and 2 tripods. The models were ourselves.. hehe.

It took a while before the session started as the gurus were busy setting up our cameras, the speedlights etc. Once it started, everything went well.. Only minor hiccups when the young models refused to pose.. They ran around outside the shooting area..However, the night did not start without a drama.. When I reached Thai Smile, I could not take my car key out. I decided to keep the car key intact and went to the restaurant. What the heck.. After all, we are in Qatar. Not in Malaysia.. What worry me most was that the car boot was full with football equipments such as 15 balls of QR350 each, training cones & about 10 pairs of brand new football shoes of less than QR500 each.. I still could not take the key out when we reached Museum of Islamic Art... I just left the car by the road side and headed for our target location for the photo session.

Only when I reached home I discovered the real reason behind the stucked key. Apparently, the gear did not fully disengage when I put it at P. Something stucked in between. I suspected it though. I could not do much as I was very excited to have my dinner and photo session. When I removed it, I managed to pull the car key out. What a relieve! As you can see there were 3 speedlight SB900 in place to get the strobist effect..

You can view few more photos from my flickr or Asings The Expert's or Kerel Let's Go Wide's or Kharul Panjang's.

3 comments:

asinqs said...

weh.. what the.. sampaikan lupa nak disengaged the gear lol.. hmmm lain kali dah tau apa pasal ler ek.. nasib aku tak bawak lari kete tu.. wakakkakaka.. mentang2 dah ada lesen..

LIFE4Oman said...

Thai Smile tu kat maner ek? Give met the coordinat please !

Bestchinapills said...

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
evospeed