Saturday, April 4, 2009

My 1st & 2nd outings...

This is my 1st & 2nd outings with the new toy.. Rather challenging due to the fact that I needed to take shots of football games.. I tried my best.. What else could I do? Luckily, there was not so much action on the 1st outing though due to the fact that Ali, who requested me to take the shots, did not play on that night..

On the 1st outing, I realised that my lens was only sufficient for medium range photography...

The next day was real photography for me. This was the 2nd outing.. Lucky me, I managed to borrow a longer range lens for that night. Thanks to NKhairil79.

On that 2nd night of outing, the real challenge was to capture the best moments of the game.. It was rather difficult being a beginner! Trust me.. I did not manage to capture the moments when Ali scored two goals for his team. To begin with, I came late to the match.. hehe. I missed the 1st goal. He nearly scored three goals! He missed one goal. If he did not get cramped leg for the last 10 minutes of the match, he probably would have scored more... Well done to Ali & his team for winning the game hands down, 4-1!

I managed to capture his 2nd goal on video though. Could you imagine how busy I was that night? At points of time I needed to take photos & the other points I needed to record the game on videocam. A real challenge for me! They required skills and extra pairs of hand, definitely... I was very sure Ali was happy with the results of my skills.. Else he would not give me one of the medals presented to the players from Qatar Football Association (QFA).. تسلم.

There was actually official closing ceremony to mark the end of Season 08/09. All players were given a medal for being part of the tournament. Since they had extra medals, Ali took one and gave it to me. I hope we would not get into trouble with QFA.. hehe. I had yet to take photo of the medal.. Will do it soon and upload it here, InsyaAllah.

(As promised... here is the medal.. updated on 12 April 2009
The goal shown down here came from a free kick... At least I managed to get one shot for the goal.. Not bad for a beginner...Still I need to learn a lot more... It will take more time & effort to get the best out of this camera.. Luckily, I have few friends who are ever willing to part with the knowledge and skills... Thank you, guys...

2 comments:

asinqs said...

bila lar nak outing sama nie.. ish..

Some said...

beli la sebijik 500mm f2.8 utk aku