Saturday, March 28, 2009

One weekend, two birthdays


Finally, the weekend is here... Time for birthday celebration!!!

Somehow the celebration started yesterday. The celebration started off with lunch at Bennigan's yesterday. The only reason we celebrated it a day earlier was because someone had to earn a living today.. My wife is on call today on my birthday! It is not that bad considering I already received my birthday present 1 month in advance..hehe.

During the lunch at Bennigan's we asked Alisha what she had for me for my birthday... She spontaneously presented me with a bottle of root beer. It was so cute. She realised she did not have any money to buy me present. What she did was to give me the unopened bottle of root beer drink in front of us! How lovely... Thank you so much sweetie for being so thoughtful... It was at that point I realised the true meaning of the "Thought That Counts".. hehe. Alisha also presented to me a lovely birthday card... Thank you so much sweetie for being so thoughtful...
The mood was already also in the air yesterday because little Abdullah, Ali's son, celebrated his 1st birthday yesterday, 27 March 2009. For that, we presented him with a little present. It was only appropriate for me to continue with my own birthday celebration.. I always created reasons to celebrate anyway..heheHappy 1st Birthday, Abdullah. May you grow & become the proud of your parents. May you take care of your parents as much as they take care of you now.

And today? Early in the morning I received fews sms wishing me Happy Birthday... It was as early as 6.54am! Thanks guys.. So thoughtful.. You people must be dying to wish me happy birthday.. muahaha.. It is also good to note that people do use technology nowadays to wish happy birthday. Gone are the days people send you card for birthdays. Now, Facebook replaces cards! With Facebook, many of our friends are forced to remember our birthdays.. hehe. Good or bad? Bad when they keep reminding us about our age..

Happy Birthday to me...Here are the presents that I received for my birthday on top of the doas from all of you. One of them, I actually bought for myself as my birthday present. I let you guess which one.. hehe. Thank you so much for the presents!! Thank you so much for the birthday lunch. I shall remember to return the favours when the times come, InsyaAllah.During the birthday weekend, Allah The Almighty poured Qatar with rain. We seriously felt at home. It was heavy rain in the afternoon & at night... It must be the present from Allah for Abdullah, the people of Qatar and me... The rain actually started from Thusday morning till afternoon and continued over the weekend...

3 comments:

asinqs said...

heavy rain.. time to making child.. hahahahhaa

Unknown said...

pinjam jam boleh bro?
pinjam lense boleh bro?

Some said...

beli camera baru la tu..D700?