Friday, March 20, 2009

A Wedding Reception of A Qatari

It was not in my original weekend plan last weekend. The original plan was to have coffee with my good Qatari friend. Unfortunately, it did not materialise.

What happened instead? Ali invited me to join him at his friend's wedding on Saturday night. One tricky issue was that we were supposed to attend football training on the same night! It was not really a football training for me. It was more of an exercise to stay fit. Ali was actually the coach for the team. It was mandatory for him to attend the the training session.

In order for me to attend both, I had to prepare for both occasions ie sports gear for training & dinner suit for the wedding reception.

We stopped in the middle of the training, quickly got changed and rushed to the wedding reception. Luckily the reception was held at The Diplomatic Club not far away from the training ground. It took us around less than 10min to get there. I was a bit embarassed when we reached inside the tent as I was the ONLY one wearing suit. The rest of the people were in dishdash. I was so stand out for the wrong reason.. hehe. It was really an experience... Imagine, hundreds of eyes were watching you... What you have to do? You act normally & try to stay cool.. haha.

It was rather unfortunate I missed the traditional swords dance that night... It would be a great experience, otherwise.. I did not miss the opportunity to have photos taken with the groom though.. For the precious memory..

1 comment:

zal said...

dah ada kawan qatari... :-)