Friday, January 25, 2008

Qatar Masters 2008

Got up early on Friday morning just to watch Qatar Masters 2008 with Ramzi. We have been in this country for almost 7 months. Sadly, we have not got the opportunity to play golf here. Time is not the reason. Qatar has only one golf course. It is called Doha Golf Club. For its exclusiveness, it comes with a great 'price'.

I could still remember getting up at 4.30am in the morning just to play golf in Vietnam. Tee off time could be as early at 5.45am especially during summer time. You can call me crazy. But that what golfers do. Getting up in the wee hours in the morning just to tire themselves at the golf course. Yet we call it sport..hehe.
Adam Scott reading the game on hole 18 yesterday...

The golf club was virtually empty at around 8.45am on the 2nd day of tournament day and on weekend! Amazing. I once watched a golf tournament in Malaysia years ago. I could still remember how pack the golf course was. Here in Doha, you could hardly see any human beings. The car park was also deserted. Oh my.. The only reason I could think of was lack of serious promotion by the daily newspapers. Or perhaps the locals are not into sports especially golf?

I also consider Qatar is the only place in the world where you can have the world's top golf players walking beside you!!! You can also take a good shot of them. Shall I again consider myself lucky being in Qatar?

It was only during uploading the photos from my camera to laptop I realised that the photos had a foggy marks at the top half of them..For that reason, all the photos were not as sharp. The photos looked like as if we were having a terrible winter day yesterday when in contrary it was bright and sunny day yesterday with temperature around 17 Celcius. Major disappointment to me. Else it would be perfect photos of the world's top golf players.. Is it a good reason to watch the tournament today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam, Ruby Classic 2008 - coming soon!!!

Anonymous said...

arghhhhhhhhhhh i miss that...