Sunday, November 9, 2008

51st Merdeka Celebration in Qatar

I had the opportunity to attend the 51st Merdeka Celebration organsied by Embassy for foreign dignitaries last Thursday. It was held at Diplomatic Club, Doha. Guests of Honour for the night were mainly foreign diplomats in Qatar as well as the representatives from Qatar Foreign Affairs Office.

Nice dinner served on during the night including famous "Satay Dukhan". It was also a best time to promote Malaysia to the ambassadors. For that, few Malaysian tradition dances were performed by daughters of Perwakilan & anak-anak from Dukhan Community.

The evening was more meaningful with the presence of previous Malaysian 1st Lady, Tun Rahah ie widow of late Tun Abdul Razak. Tun was here on personal visit...

I wish I could write more.. Unfortunately, my mind is already in Malaysia.. I hope the photos speak louder than my words...

We are catching our flight back to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow's night. It will be our 1st time going back to Malaysia after 1 1/2 years.. We are all excited... Only 1 small issue... banyak sangat barang nak bawak balik..huhu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.