Saturday, December 1, 2007

To The Circus We Went

It was the first circus experience in Alisha's life. She was thrilled. We were equally thrilled. If I am not mistaken, this was the 2nd circus experience for me. I could not remember the first time I went though. What I remember it was during my childhood age in Rembau. During those days, going to circus was such a happening thing to do. Nowadays, it is just difficult to see circus around even in the small town like Rembau.
We were there at the Qatar Sports Club car park at 5.20pm. The show was scheduled at 5.30pm. There were not many cars in the car park. Once we were in and ready for the show, it became apparent that not many people turn up for the show. I would think there were about 20 families that night, if not less. I blamed it on the promotion. You could hardly see any promotion about the circus anywhere.

The circus somehow did not have many animals unlike the one I had watched last time. It had tigers, lions, elephants etc. This circus only had python , bear & baby crocodile. Pity Alisha. She was really looking forward for a baby elephant and tiger. Nevertheless, she seemed to enjoy herself. She was particularly like the acrobatic parts where the gymnast 'fly' using the rope. It felt very short show though. After 1 1/2hours the show ended.. No doubt, it was worth every single penny for us..

After the show, we went to Doha 18th International Book Fair at International Exhibition Centre in Dafna area. Somehow, I became centre of attraction for Vietnamese workers at the exhibition. Then I realised that I wore Vietnam's football jersey. They came and asked if I was a Vietnamese. Obviously they had not been back to Vietnam for quite some time. Why I concluded that? I am not as fair as any typical Vietnamese. In the contrary, I am considered very dark for Vietnamese standard... It was good though talking to them. Reminisced me of good old time in Vietnam... It also gave me the opportunity to impress them with my broken Vietnamese..
It was rather unfortunate for the exhibition that size caused there were not many English books. We, somehow, managed to grab story books for Alisha. It would be better if the had many English books as 2/3 of the population are English speaking people...
We promised ourselves to come back to explore more stalls as we needed more time... We headed home at 10pm as Alisha was already tired..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ada gak terfikir nak g ke book fair... nak cari buku travel... but from reading ur blog, mcm bazir masa je... hehehe

Anonymous said...

try ler. you may find something. we all pun tak sempat nak tengok into details.. nak pegi lagi nanti.

Anonymous said...

bla bla bla...small town like rembau bla bla bla... ;p