Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back to school

While people in Malaysia celebrating the country's 52nd Independent Day, Alisha was back in school again in Doha.

It was her 1st day at new school on 31 August 2009. She is now in Grade 1. We enrolled her at The International School of Choueifat. This is school which is on my way to work. It will be easy for me to drop her off and head straight to office...

I took 2 days off to ensure she settled well in her new school. The 1st day proved to be non-event...sigh.. Everything went so smoothly. In fact, it felt like any other school days for her. There was no registration! We went straight to the class. It did not even take us 5 minutes to locate her classroom.. List of student names for each class were published outside the classroom. You juts need to know how to read to locate the class..hehe. Everything seemed very much in order.. In fact, the school already allocated the table for her as well. Every table had names on them. Students just needed to go to the allocated table and ready for the class!! Everything completed in 10 minutes, I would say.. Then we left..
At 1st, I thought the only reason you would notice it was 1st day of the term was because so may cars parked at the road sides. But again, when I came back for the 2nd day to send Alisha to school, I could still see fleets of cars parked by the road sides... I suppose it was daily affair, not only on 1st day of the term.

I could not imagine how smooth the process was! I still remember how havoc any 1st day at school during my school years especially for 1st year or standard one students.

5 comments:

Dils said...

1 meja 2 orang ke? Die suke skolah situ?

adamha said...

Happy je dia masuk sekolah..macam-macam aktiviti ada kan...

Meja tu memang untuk 2 orang duduk sebelah menyebelah..

Surprisingly anak-anak arab kat sekolah tu sume well behave.hehe.

Mulan said...

itu int'nal school la.. coba la sek keb kat malaysia ni, haru biru jugak kot...

same2 one like in vietnam, sir.. he he..

adamha said...

Tu la pasal.. ni la 1st time hantar anak ke sekolah antarabangsa... ingatkan sama macam sekolah kebangsaan..hehe.. padan la fees nye mahai..

asinqs said...

harap2 dapat ler aku balik hujung tahun nie.. 1st day to school of my son.. adoila..